On the final day of the Coast Salish Gathering, tribal leaders communicated some renewed goals, including:
- Define co-management in the Coast Salish language, so the tribes may come together to understand the sacred trust and shared decision making in their own words.
- Explore litigation for Coast Salish to transition into their rightful place as shared decision makers.
- Explore political strategies and determine congressional next steps.
- Explore science and traditional ecological knowledge needs of the Salish Sea.
- Develop an educational component for the Coast Salish Gathering for the benefit of the next generation.