November 23rd, 2011 | Published in Legislative Meetings
The special legislative session will start next week and several committees have already set meetings. Here are the committee meetings dealing with natural resources issues.
Senate Environment, Water & Energy
December 1, 8 a.m.
Senate Hearing Rm 4, J.A. Cherberg Building
1. Overview of water quality status in Washington State.
2. Clean-up efforts of chemicals in the environment.
Senate Natural Resources & Marine Waters
December 1, 10 a.m.
Senate Hearing Rm 2, J.A. Cherberg Building
Work Session: To be announced.
Senate Government Operations, Tribal Relations & Elections
December 1, 1:30 p.m.
Senate Hearing Rm 2
J.A. Cherberg Building
Local infrastructure financing:
1. Overview of local infrastructure needs.
- Local Infrastructure Financing Tool (LIFT) program update.
- Local Revitalization Financing (LRF) program update.
- Modernizing infrastructure assistance.
2. Streamlining the decision-making process for select economic recovery projects:
- Overview of issue and potential legislation.
- Office of Regulatory Assistance.
- Environmental community perspective.
- State and local government agency perspective.
Agriculture & Natural Resources
December 2, 8 a.m.
House Hearing Rm A, John L. O’Brien Building
1. Agricultural production: Considerations for a state meat inspection program.
2. Update of the recently initiated Tier Two Forest Health Warning.